Monday, October 4, 2010

Welcoming Cohen Pierre'

September 12th 2010



Awaiting the "arrival"...
Every mother knows the drawn out anticipation of the last couple weeks of pregnancy! Even with Grady, after going 11 days post-date, I still feel like the last six weeks with this one felt like an entire trimester of itself! I had bh contractions as early as 25 weeks and they continuied to get stronger and closer together. My midwife just advised me to pay close attention to them and monitor them if possible. By 33 weeks I was feeling pressure and sensations that I remember feeling with Grady the week before he was born. So, at my next appt. she determined I was 80% effaced (but not dialated) and needed to be on bedrest just to be safe! The contractions slowed, but didn't stop! Thankfully, by 37 weeks I was no longer considered high risk and I was relieved off my chair! ;) I now have a tremendous amount of respect for mothers that spend their last trimester or more on bedrest. Actually, the respect should be awarded to the fathers as well...they are the ones that probably suffer the most!


September 14th 2010

"It's D-day..."
So off bedrest, and we think..."surely any day this could happen"! And the weeks continued to tick by! By 39 weeks, I finally was determined this little guy inside me was playing some cruel joke on me! Pretending he was coming out early only to drag out the agony for 4 more weeks! ;)
Well, the day before my due date...I resigned...went to Target and walked! (probably more to get my mind off it than to actually shop!) The afternoon turned into evening....and nothing! After dinner Keith suggested we walk some more! Sure...why not...at this point I decided the worst that could happen is, i'd go into labor! We hadn't been in the door more than 10 mins and my water broke and started to leak! Ironically, I'd just read that day, only 15% of women actually have their water break before labor starts! At those odds, it took me awhile to actually believe what was happening! At 8:15 pm we called my midwife to give her the heads up, and ask her how soon she wanted us to come in if active labor didn't start soon! She told us to give it a couple hours and see what happened! Knowing at this point that I had arrived at my desired position, I now dreaded what lie before me! :) I decided to take a little nap before I started walking, so maybe I could renew my strength before the contractions started in. By 11:00 they we're no longer ignorable, so we called our doula and said..."here we go". By 1:00am they we're 3-4 mins apart and increasing in intensity. Knowing we had a 20 min drive to the hospital, we decided to leave so I wouldn't risk being in transition in the car. When we got checked in I was informed I was at 5cm...(it's always heart breaking no matter what the # is). The midwife met us there, but after getting us settled in, said she would be back in an hour or two. At this point, i never looked at the clock again...but it was probably only 45 mins later the nurse said I was at a 7, but I felt the need to push! She scrambled to call my midwife back in. Fortunately she only lives a few miles from the hospital, and when she arrived she gave me the go-ahead! 10-15 mins later, at 3:22 am we we're laying eyes on our second son for the first time! I think the first thing I said was...."honey, he looks just like you"!!


a feeling that can't be described in words...


a moment of pride


thankful for his safe arrival! 7lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 in.




a big brother at last! He calls him "baby dear", and says "isn't he cute"!


Those first few moments of holding your child after birth is one of those "sacred" moments, that is a gift from God. We give Him the praise, and feel blessed that he has given us another healthy child to raise and train for His glory! We continue to pray for the strength to love each of them in a way that is only possible with Him, and ask for wisdom to guide them in paths of righteousness!

















































































































































4 comments:

  1. What a precious little blessing! I'm so happy for you and your little family:) I love you dearly sweet friend! xox ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...and what a baby dear he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all of you! God has truly BLESSED you with sweet little Cohen. I wish I could snuggle him though :(... Wondering how Grady is doing and Praying that Momma is doing good too! So fun to hear all the details too!
    love you~ Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful boy! I am enjoying going back to read your past posts. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...