Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rumor has it.


Some of you aren't going to like this...but I can't help hide my excitement! While a better part of the Midwest & eastern states are chattering from the frozen conditions, the sun is shining it's face on us in the west and uncovering promises of spring! We've been taking walks every afternoon, just to soak up the warmth and fill our lungs with the freshness around us! The bee's are found in swarms busily doing their part in bringing forth this glorious season! Haven't seen any blooms yet, but it won't be long!

And it gets worse, (or better, depending where you find yourself geographically)!! The sweeties and I have been doing some buzzing around ourselves, as we pack up to head to the coast for the rest of the week! Rumor has it, it's even warmer over there! I would, if it was in my power, specially package some up and send it to share with each of you who are furrowing your brow at me in disgust! :)
So, we're leaving daddy at home and joining 3 other mommies, 3 other toddlers, and 4 other friends to find out if these rumors are true! The plan was to take our sewing machines, but we'll see how long we can keep ourselves away from the beach!
Stay tuned this weekend for the evidence...and I promise to make it an extra big box if i figure out how to ship sunshine your way!!
(p.s Secretly I'm just homesick, so i have to make it sound undesirable to be there!)

4 comments:

  1. OH...the wave of jealousy that runs through my veins :) *tear* as I picture the green loveliness peering up through the brown and the thought of the amount of time WE have till we enjoy "your"kind of weather (it is going to be a wile!)...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..get through the rest of the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...warmth and sunshine sounds simply splendid! I am DREAMING of that day. Not jealous, not jealous, not jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sat down to read this right after I came inside from scraping more snow off the ice so our kids could skate! Please send some warmth my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, Melissa? Could you REALLY be homesick for OH in February? This is the time of year that I get sooooo ready for your early spring. I like winter, but I get tired of it by now!!

    Enjoy your time at the coast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...