Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Roof: Renovate Part IV

We have a partial roof, and I've never been more thankful for the covering over head! Over the weekend we had a big storm with high winds and lots of rain! Although we experienced a little damage, and a few little leaks...we feel so grateful that we we're this far along in the project!


I have to admit, at the beginning of this project, I didn't know how the boys we're ever going to get good naps again with all the noise being created around them. By the time our roof was being put one, I thought no way...but miraculously they have learned to sleep through it, even when it's directly overhead! ;)
We feel so blessed that everything has moved along so quickly, and so far, safely!! The layer of dust that covers every square inch of the house is gaining depth daily, but I'm thankful my 6 month old isn't an early developer and is trying to crawl all in it! I decided it's probably good for me to live in a little dirt anyway! =)








4 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's looking so good! I like the shot that shows part of the existing house... helps put things into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to watch the progress! I was at the shop yesterday and saw part of your floor that had been milled!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! These pictures are fun :) It looks like a whole different house! So excited that you guys are close to done...ok ok and a tidbit envious. Can't wait to see all the finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mel! I sorta feel like I'm there... minus the smells, sounds, etc of a construction site. ;) It looks so good & glad you're posting these updates. With the rate of speed its going up, you should be able to come east for AM & a month prior! :D
    Keep the pictures comin'! You are doing fantastic things with that camera......
    Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...