Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Living/Kitchen: Room Reveal II

As I sit here and look at the photos I've just uploaded and try to think of some kind of dialogue or description to type, I'm thinking to myself..."this really is an un-realistic portrayal of my home." I can assure you it is not a place of picture perfect cleanliness & tidiness on a daily basis, and yes we do "live" here with toddlers! ;)




Just this morning as I was doing the scurry-to -get-out-the-door, while dressing Little Wiggles, a whole bottle of water was dumped on the kitchen floor as Mr. Fixit tried to "paint" the cabinets. I was just counting my blessings as I mopped up the mess, that the "paint" was just water!
I imagine I'll look back at this blog series in 5 years, and marvel at the un-marked walls, scuff-less floors, and tear free upholstery! (but the sweet memories the will hopefully have been made will make-up for them! ;)




If you remember back to my first post, Home Sweet Home, I told a little history on our house and what she's come from! I won't go it all of that again, but I will insert a little before shot!
(This is taken from a east facing position towards the dining rm & part of the kitchen.)




BEFORE:




AFTER:










We did take out a couple walls, and added the bartop counter, so you kinda gotta use your imagination a little to see that it's the same room!






Here's a better shot of the kitchen, just for fun!

BEFORE:










AFTER:



The kitchen was actually re-modeled in Phase I, so thankfully it was in working order for the Phase II project. The dining room is missing chairs and my china cabinet, which is another project for a rainy day! I've enjoyed having the open archways between these three rooms for several reasons. I can comfortably chat with whoever is in the living room, I can pass food directly to guest at the dining table and it expands the circumference of my surveillance on the boys as they play! ;)













Unfortunately, they both are capable of leaving the boundries of these rooms, as they did about 15 minutes ago...so, I better call this a wrap and see what "fun" they're having now!







Linked to: Cottage and Vine, Room to Room: Living/family rooms


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love what you have done with this house to make it your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Melissa! I'm sure there would be lots of fun memories made...maybe some not so fun too, but we can laugh about those someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks great Melissa! How fun to have such a big open space! The shelving nooks on either side of your fireplace are just great... so functional but also a fun place for display! And I think your midcentury-looking couch is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! So fun to see the flooring and beams in place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous transformation. Those cabinets are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all - what a great mindset you have. Homes are meant to be lived in and not be perfect. Memories are so important :)

    You have done wonderful things to your home. Thanks so much for sharing!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...