Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stuck in neutral

I've been having a hard time feeling motivated the last couple of days! It's not because I don't have much to do, or because of some unfortunate bout of sickness!


It's because I'm still moving in slow motion and daydreaming of our blissful weekend! Hubby whisked me away for a little r&r to Carmel....just the two of us! It was splendid! Did I mention it was just the two of us?


Mainly we ate! Oh the food!...I could ramble on for the rest of this post about the food! I had intentions of taking photos of the beautifully displayed morsels on my plate before I consumed them! I repeatedly with each meal would forget, at the appearance of the waiter with plate in hand! There are so many little restaurants in this town, and they are almost all cute little street side cafes and bistros like the one photographed above! Bon apetite'!!






Then, to make up for all the food we ate, we walked the streets along Ocean Ave. and admired the beauty of the architecture and the bustle of the tourist! So intriguing, they both are! We did find ourselves occasionally stopping off along the way at a boutique shop here or there!




And, when we walked ourselves hungry again, we'd find another restaurant to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee, more food, and more quality conversation, with only the interruption of the bus boy refilling our water glasses!




Now I might mention, I did still have to reign in the attention of my beloved from time to time through out the weekend! It seems there was a rather large event happening in town the same weekend we were there, and it involved lots of very nice automobiles! Coincidence? I think not! ;)




Anyway, hubby had the camera most of the weekend, and here is a few shots he captured! Not sure how he was able to hold the lens still long enough for the shutter to click because of his excitement!






I must say, I'd never seen most of these in person either...but after the first 15, I was wondering if they we're the same cars just driving in circles around town! They were in every kind and color!




Yes, this is his proudest shot of the whole weekend! It's just a meter maid, but needless to say...she could have cared less how impressive the car was!






So, now I sit looking at my piles of unfolded laundry...there is a box of pears ripening in the pantry...the floor has food left un-swept from breakfast and I'm still waiting for my engine to find first gear!



































2 comments:

  1. For a minute there I thought you lived in a fairy tale... :) But that car show brings it right down to reality. I could so see David suggesting a weekend trip to DC and adding later that there MIGHT be a football game we could go to. Men, they're so funny! And we're such suckers for spending time with them, we don't care if it's some manly event (golfing, cars, sports, I'd go!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. swooon ....over the time away from daily grinds and little whines...alone. with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...