Friday, October 7, 2011

After the rain.

Refreshing. Simply refreshing. The first rain of the season has a way of motivating me like nothing else! I get the urge to fall clean, decorate and bake all at once! I'm not saying that actually happened, but the urge was there!

The peeps have another thing coming though as the air cools and the days get shorter! Our afternoons and evenings spent outside, playing till bedtime are quickly coming to a close! For now, we're going to soak up every bit that we can!

Fall rains just mean more fun in their book! There is some kind of gravity pull between little boys & mud puddles! Never minding the cold twinge under their bare feet or in this case, from the waist down!


Only gleeful laughs and squeals of pure delight!



The way it goes around here, the bigger the boy, the bigger the puddle! Drag out something with four wheels to throw in the mess and you bound to hear...



More gleeful laughs and squeals of delight! ;)



And since rain is the topic of my blog, I've had the song by Mercy Me playing in my head! The lyrics are beautiful and soul gripping! This morning especially, as I've been praying for the family back east, that is no doubt feeling the "rain" like a tourentual downpour because of their sorrow!



"Bring The Rain"

I can count a million times

People asking me how I

Can praise You with all that I've gone through

The question just amazes me

Can circumstances possibly

Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed

Long before these rainy days

It's never really ever crossed my mind

To turn my back on you, oh Lord

My only shelter from the storm

But instead I draw closer through these times

So I pray


Bring me joy, bring me peace

Bring the chance to be free

Bring me anything that brings You glory

And I know there'll be days

When this life brings me pain

But if that's what it takes to praise You

Jesus, bring the rain


I am Yours regardless of

The dark clouds that may loom above

Because You are much greater than my pain

You who made a way for me

By suffering Your destiny

So tell me what's a little rain

So I pray



Holy, holy, holy

Is the Lord God Almighty



Can I really say...Jesus, Bring the rain?














1 comment:

  1. Well said. I often think about this very thought. If I pray for God to refine me, am I ready to walk through the fire?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...