Anyway, since the stage of life I'm in is mostly consumed with motherhood, I thought I'd do a special post that follows suit:
50 random musings on Motherhood
1. There are no words to describe the feeling of holding your child for the first time.
2. These very beings that bring us so much joy, can cause us so much grief.
3.Children have us as parents figured out, way before we can figure them out.
4. Tough love is just that....tough.
5. 8 hours of sleep is a luxury.
6. Seeing your child uncomfortable with sickness is heart wrenching.
7. Going grocery shopping alone is exhilarating.
8. Being humiliated in the grocery store is not.
9. A diaper pail with a few days worth requires a bomb squad.
10. Potty training a toddler boy take a police force.
11. Hearing "the wheels on the bus" 25 times in a row gives you a headache.
12. Curious George is a very disobedient monkey.
13. Carrots make great space shuttles, and you can "hook-up" french fries to chicken nuggets.
14. Simultaneous naps is a phenomenon.
15. Making a baby laugh, is the best medicine.
16. 3 changes of clothes a day doesn't seem unreasonable.
17. 6 loads of laundry a week does.
18. A teething baby can compromise your sanity.
19. Waking up each morning with a song in your heart makes the day go better.
20. Eating a snack alone requires locking the bathroom door or sitting in the dark.
21. The floor after meal time looks like the aftermath of a natural disaster.
22. The tupperware drawer is prime real estate for imaginative play.
23. Small children on airplanes can give you ulcers.
24. Hearing a toddler pray is often humorous.
25. And tear jerking.
26. Daddy is always way more fun.
27. Grandma is even more fun.
28. Going to Costco is as exciting as 6 flags.
29. A whole day can be consumed with feed: change: nap: rinse: repeat...
30. Having a 3 year old "shadow" is freightening.
31. Hearing your "shadow" sing to his baby brother is heart melting.
32. Watching your "shadow" fold laundry, brings a smile.
33. The bathroom is no longer a place of privacy.
34. Unless the door is locked, and your trying to sneak a snack.
35. Contentment comes with those lazy days when books, blankeys, and bottles all find their way in my lap.
36. I have a love/hate relationship with pacifiers.
37. Nursery rhymes seem so morbid for the audience they we're intended.
38. Carseats come with a user guide an inch thick.
39. And thats just the English version.
40. Now, I'm really digging deep to think of some more musings.
41. There's something delightful about discovering the simple things of Creation with a toddler.
42. Cleaning the dirt & grime out of the tub after a day of discovering is detestable.
43. The noise that the tub drain makes has been known to cause pandamonia.
44. Having a public bathroom toilet automatically flush on you causes pandamonia every time.
45. I often learn more from my children, than my children learn from me.
46. Being consistent is frustratingly difficult.
47. There have been times that I've sat with tears pouring down my face, asking God how these children are intended to bless.
48. There have been times that I have sat with tears pouring down my face in thankful-ness for these incredible blessings that God has given me!
49. I think of how much our lives as Mothers is a sacrafice, but then think how much God sacraficed for US!
50. And I've finally reached 50, but would love to hear what you all have to add!