Thursday, February 16, 2012

on Goats, Siestas, and Burritos...

Is it me or does that title have a bit of a Mexican theme to it?! Actually this post is mostly on goats & burritos, but not necessarily in that order, nor as a combination! I added the siesta at the last minute because I'm still squinty eyed from the effects of one!

I don't usually take naps, with exceptions of when I have a newborn or sick child and my nights are interrupted. It's not that I don't like them, it's just the only time that I can accomplish a lot in a little amount of time, or sit peacefully behind the keyboard and write a blog without being interrupted! On occasion, like today, I will lay down beside the squirm that doesn't think he needs naps anymore, and sometimes I drift off before he does! After about 10 or 15 minutes, I jolt away, frantically look at the clock for fear that I just slept away my 2 hrs. of peace! Funny what I call priceless these days! :)



So, onto the goats! If you haven't fallen in love with them yet from the above 2 pictures, brace yourselves! These furry fluff-nothins will melt your heart away! We had the privileged of visiting this goat farm of a friend of ours and we had so much fun we could hardly pull ourselves away! Literally, there were tears of sadness shed when we went to leave! If your an animal lover, and a nap deprived one at that, you can imagine the drama!


And I might mention they had two John Deere tractors just the right size for hauling baby goats! Now you can't blame the tears, huh!?

For the not-so-much animal lovers, the wagon was useful for hauling just about anything he could physically lift! He actually was more impressed by the mama goats, who munched every last strand of hay he tried to feed them....and he'd laugh every time! The snacks and hot chocolate we're pretty high up there on his list of fun too though!

And when the wagon wasn't being used to haul goats, it worked pretty well for little brothers too! You can't tell by the exuberant smile on his face, but he was amazingly pretty content to ride back there!



I decided a clan of boys ages 1-4 isn't much different than a herd of baby goats! The mischief is un-containable, they don't sit still for even 5 seconds, they eat everything they're not suppose to, and nothing they are!


I had to add this one in simply because he's so smooch-able!! Them eyes will get ya every time!





As for the burritos, they are a must try for ALL! I came across them in a Williams-Sonoma catalog and thought they looked like a fun recipe to try in my panini press! They will revolutionize the breakfast burrito as you know it!




Here's the ingredients:


1 jalapeƱo, seeded and finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
2 large avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3/4 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled until tender and diced
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
6 thick-cut bacon slices
12 eggs
6 large burrito-style flour tortillas
6 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
Sour cream and salsa for serving


Get the direstions here at Williams-Sonoma.com! ENJOY!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...