Monday, April 30, 2012

lifted up.

The rain has gone, the sunshine has returned and I feel lifted up in so many ways! I've felt so blessed by the kind & encouraging words from many of you, and thank you for your comments! The common word that seemed to be expressed was your dependence on God's amazing GRACE. I can relate to the message of this song , and that sometimes in my despair I forget what God has done for me & who He has made me! Praise His name for His redeeming love that lifts us up! 

So now your wondering what a picture of Salsa has to do with being "lifted up".... 


The answer is nothing. :) Except that in some small way it does lift my spirits every time I make it! It usually means it's summer, and I eagerly gather all the ingredients from my garden! The aroma of each component as I chopped & dice soothes my woes whatever they may be! 

Today, I picked a few sprigs of cilantro for the first time this summer and my onions are just a few weeks away from harvest...but I plucked one up anyway. The plump red tomatoes were a sight for sore eyes at the local Farmer's Market last weekend...and they we're the means to an end to my craving! 

So since it's too good to keep a secret, here's the magic...

2-3  nice big ripe tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, chopped (i used white, but red is yummy too)
1 ripe avocado, diced
juice from a 1/2 of a lime.
1/8 tsp.of red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. of salt
dash of pepper
Cilantro: as much or as little as you like.

Dice the tomatoes, and eliminate the juicy seeded part as much as possible. Add the diced onion, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Stir & let sit for 15 minutes to let the flavor infuse! Add the cilantro & Avocado last. 

{more simple really than magic, but that's what makes it so good!}


1 comment:

  1. Feel free to LIFT ME UP and send me some of this divine salsa and a little piece of YOU as well. Missing you my dear and hope you are having a lovely Spring.
    I don't have (Internet time) to really "read" blogs but at least a few photos here and there can do the trick to help me not feel sooo disconnected to the life I once lived.
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...