Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Inspired laundry room.

I'm on a roll with the blogging this week! :) Actually this post is way overdue, and it's been drafted for quite some time, but with my new found blogging inspiration I found time to finish & post it!

When doing my Room Reveal series, I intended to save "the best for last", but then life happened & other things found their way into my post. Anyway, so it might not be the "best" but it was the "the most" fun room to design & decorate! I wanted to include some pictures that inspired me. Besides the Kitchen, the laundry room seems to be where I spend a lot of time, make a lot of mess, and store a lot stuff! On top of all that, I figured if I'm going to spend so much time in there, I wanted it to be a fun room to be in! I decided from the beginning it needed to be designed with great attention to fill that tall order. So the brainstorming began...

I've had this picture from way long ago, and unfortunately don't know the original source.  I loved the idea of being able to shut up the appliances behind doors when not in use. I also really liked the idea of the deep counter top space for folding & stacking clean laundry. The icing on the cake is the glass front cabinets overhead that just add some fun!

Liked the warm-ness to this room as well as the multiple level counter top heights! The big window over the sink is wonderful for letting in light & giving this room it's airy feel!

{Hampton designs}
You've all probably seen this room somewhere or another! It's just cool for the fact of imagining how fast you could get large amounts of laundry done. The table in the center serving as an island is very functional too!

Open shelving, wicker baskets, and the cute display shelf above the washer/dryer make this all a fun space to imagine yourself doing laundry in! 


The cabinet maker & I put our heads together and here is what we came up with!

I wanted it to blend with the style of the rest of my house, so we went with a shaker style door front with a distressed finish and some fun hardware to give it the old world look with a fun vintage accent.

I love to collect antique glass bottles when I come across them, and the blue hue they cast was the inspiration for my cabinets! For Christmas this year I opened a fun gift that included several purchased from the lovely McMaster & Storm brick farmhouse event that I wanted to be at so bad.
 I
Cubbies with vintage locker bins purchased off Ebay serve as wonderful storage for all my crafty supplies that always seem to impossible for me to keep organized in the past. I screwed on my own little chalkboard labels to the fronts for an easy reference of whats inside. (I know, you can see pretty easy through the baskets, but chalkboard labels are just too fun)




LOVE this deep counter, and it is as practical as I'd hoped! The cabinets above with the glass fronts give me  space to display more of my glass bottles and other fun knick-knacks that I find useful every now & then!


Lastly, my sewing & gift wrap center which in essence is a bunch of little drawers, cubbies and pull out compartments! The sewing space could stand to be bigger, but I love being able to shut up the mess behind closed doors. I'm still shopping for a fun antique chair to add more detail to this space! 


I admit, I feel totally spoiled with this space and am sometimes tempted to lock myself in here...just because I love being in here & it's easy to find creativity when your in your happy place! :) I should post a picture of what this room usually looks like though...I'll give you a hint: you wouldn't be able to see the counters & you wouldn't know what job or project had intentions of finishing that day! :)



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing! I have a growing colletion of old glassware that is slated for the laundry when it is finished. And I plan to have a counter over my washer and dryer eventually too. It will demand a new set to go under the couner so it may be a few years yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...