Friday, June 1, 2012

Blast-off!

We "blasted" off the birthday with some wonderful friends, and had a spectacular evening! The guest were all well aware of the birthday boys fascination with space, rockets and especially shuttles, but if you didn't know...it wouldn't have taken you long to figure it out! 


Months ago, he saw a space exhibit in a museum, and a spark in his curiosity was ignited! Little did we know the spark would turn into a full on wildfire! :) He was given a little toy space shuttle by some friends, and he carries it with him everywhere during the day, and parks it right beside him on the nightstand every night!



He wants to know everything about them there is to know! He will sit and watch a documentary on the history of them for hours if he has the opportunity, and picks up the lingo like a true astronaut! Our conversations over mealtimes have turned to topics that include.."booster rockets, lunar modules, main engines, and liftoffs"...just to name a few!



And then there are the questions! Oh so many questions! I had no idea I would be required a degree in "rocket science" to keep up with my four year old :) It's amazing how little I remember about what I learned in grade school on space, but I've got it all down pat now!






I haven't the heart to tell my little astronaut that the US space program is no longer active, for fear he might call up the president himself and demand questions of "why not"! He somehow knows he's too little to go to space now, because he informed me when he's "big like daddy", then he'll go! I'll let him take it up with NASA then.



So we partied with rockets, and planets, and stars...and he was given more space loot and books and toys...but "best of all" (as he would put it), he was blessed with another birthday by the amazing Creator of all the wonders of space! If nothing else, in all this hoopla, he's learning how big his God is!

With that I'll leave you to go watch the next lift-off! I'm in charge of guarding the launch-pad so little brother doesn't malfunction the whole process! Apparently all he's good for is "sound effects"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...