Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reaping & Blessings


We eagerly started out our week reaping from that which we had sown earlier this spring! That first batch of fresh green beans cooked up to perfection is a bit of a gastronomical phenomenon in my book! My mouth waters for it even as I'm poking seeds in the warm earth in early spring! 


I fought a vicious battle with the snails & earwigs this year as the fresh new leaves sprouted out of the ground! They took down multiple plants in one night, so I went to war with the Seven. I'm an organic gardener by the way...that's how bad I wanted to win!


My "gardener in training" is always faithfully by my side watching, helping and learning all the right ways ( and wrong :) to do everything! Since the previously mentioned "garden war", now anytime he sees something even slightly move or resemble a bug...he runs to grab the spray bottle! This years crop may not be so organic!


I wish I could record our conversations or more so the "chatter" that goes on during our time gardening together. There's always the endless questions, but it's the enthusiasm and excitement that's so entertaining!
One particular conversation was on blessings, and how God gives us blessings even in green beans!


I knew the lesson has stuck when he prayed that evening before dinner..."thanks for our food, and bless the green beans." I knew what he meant, and I think the Father did too! :) 


His prayers are something I should record too, as they are hard to keep from snickering through! I love the pure innocence in his thoughts & requests. Most of the time he gets his words all mixed up, and he repeats himself multiple times in one prayer! 


I've wondered if I shouldn't be the one to take a lesson from him in prayer, as sometimes I forget that God loves our simple requests, and we don't even have to have the right words for Him to know what we're asking for! The other night, this is what I heard in prayer that I love the most...

"thank you for people, that think about other people"


I think what he was saying was, "help us to think more about other people", but either way...it was beautiful! 


1 comment:

  1. How fun! Just recently several friends have shared stories about their kids prayers... there's nothing quite so heartwarming as the sincere heart of a kid in prayer! God bless you as you raise your boys for Him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...