Monday, July 23, 2012

Taqueria Style Tacos


Just checking in to assure you all, I'm back from the depths of the "itch" and life carries on here in the Nest! Still no clues to what the offending factor was, but lets hope we never cross paths again!

And since recently admitting that I don't typically blog about food, because there are so many great food blogs out there, I've felt completely guilty for not sharing this amazing recipe with all you good people! It is one from the faves of all faves! Do yourself a favor, and try it at least once! :)


Taqueria Style Tacos

3 lbs of flank steak. (I've used Rib eye, but fat removed and pounded to 1/4 in. thick)

Marinade: ( for 1 to 8 hours)
1/3 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 limes, juiced    (don't try to get by with refrigerated lime juice, purchase fresh, you won't regret it)
1/2 c. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano (or use your fresh herbs, but triple the amount)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika

Throw the steaks on a medium-high heat BBQ for about 5 mins per side, or until middle is still just slightly pink! Flank steaks are typically long & flat, so they don't take long to cook. I take them straight off the BBQ and cut them up into bite size cubes to make taco assembly easier.

Top with my favorite summer salsa, and a quick squeeze of fresh lime juice!

Could eat them every. day. of. the week. Period.

Just as a side note, don't expect me to stop every five minutes and photograph the steps of my cooking. Never gonna happen. Bon Appetite'



1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy! Now you've got me craving Athena's great Mexican! No matter how hard I try I just can't duplicate her authentic stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...