Friday, September 14, 2012

{two}


Where do I start with you, my child...for today you turn TWO! I post a picture of you sweetly sleeping because it's the only time your still enough to photograph, and quiet enough for me to hear the thoughts in my head. The only problem with this picture is, it doesn't show the blue of your eyes, or the twinkle of mischief in them. I remember the day you were born, looking into those same blue eyes and somehow already knowing you were gonna use them to tug on my heart in more ways than one. Your a mover & a shaker, with never a dull moment to be had. You can cause a mountain of trouble in just a few minutes, but somehow have us rolling with laughter in just a slit second. You have one volume. One speed. One way. I have high hopes of you being a terrific leader someday. Your sense of humor is what keeps you in good grace around here, because your stubbornness is a continual offense. I always tell you you've picked a battle with the wrong mama, cause I'm even more stubborn than you are. You make up in your own time and in your own way, but it isn't usually with hugs and kisses. Your "mooches" are a rare commodity around here and often hard to come by unless your brother is already trading...then your willing to sell them for a bargain just to make sure he's not getting something your not. That's usually how it goes with everything though. If brothers doin it, your not far behind him. Somethings you come up with on your own, and I always know when those "things" present themselves. Mama's know these things. But mama's don't know everything, and that's why I continually pray for wisdom in training you. I'm talkin big wisdom, cause sometimes I worry about what your gonna get yourself into. It's those eyes, those blue blue eyes...they get you in trouble Or maybe out of trouble, I'm not sure which.

Happy 2nd Birthday, baby blue eyes!

2 comments:

  1. He is adorable! God knew they had to be cute so we could put up with them huh?!!! Blessings to you as you continue your journey of motherhood! And Happy Birthday to your two year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect post for your darling son... ;) Can't wait to see him & YOU!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...